According to Urban Dictionary, a happy place is “a mental state achieved when one wants to avoid the unpleasant or uncomfortable. Everyone’s happy place is different and usually consists of the things that make them joyous.”
Did you hear that? “Things that make them joyous.” That sure does speak to me. That is my mission… To live a life that brings me JOY.
Where to Find Your Happy Place
A collection of some of the happiest places on the Internet.
Need a pick-me-up?
- God Vine – Watch the latest Christian videos and gospel videos with other believers of Christ at GodVine.
- Gives Me Hope – “Life is Beautiful Today”. User-submitted true stories of kindness and generosity.
- Happy News – “Real news. Compelling stories. Always positive.”
- 1,000 Awesome Things
- Conversations – inspirational interviews with artists.
- Karma Tube – “is dedicated to bringing inspirational stories to light, using the power of video and the internet to multiply acts of kindness, beauty, and generosity.”
- Tiny Buddha – “Simple wisdom for complex lives”
- Milk Shake –“Get your milkshake everyday and be a part of all that’s good – products, travel, music, eco, people, causes and companies that give back and make a difference.”
- HuffPost Good News
- Hooplaha – “Only good news”
- The Optimist – “is an independent media initiative focused on solutions and possibility. We are committed to solutions journalism. We point the way to answers for the challenges humanity and the planet face. We offer news that’s actually new. We present intelligent optimism as the most effective, efficient—and scientifically proven—strategy to support creativity, innovation, health and happiness.”
- Good Life Zen – “Practical inspiration for a happier life”
- Positively Positive – “Your attitude + your choices = your life”
- Things to Be Happy About – lists of positive thoughts, events, quotes, and more.
- The Nicest Place on the Internet – an endless stream of smiles and hugs.
- Humans of New York – “The latest stories from HONY, featuring interviews with thousands of people on the streets of New York City.”
- Live Happy – articles, podcasts, and ways to get involved in the “happiness movement“
- Brainy Quote – filled with inspiring quotes to fit any situation.
- Storytellers For Good – “promoting goodness. inspiring greatness”. “Storytellers for Good is a team of producers and videographers who PROMOTE GOODNESS and INSPIRE GREATNESS through the art of storytelling. We tell stories of people and organizations making a positive difference.”
- CNN Heroes – profiles of real heroes.
- Letters of Note – “Letters of Note is an attempt to gather and sort fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes, and memos.”
- The Happy Project Blog – something inspirational posted every day.
- Happiest – Stories worth sharing. <<Added 12/23/16>>
- The Invisible Mentor – bite sized learning for busy professionals”
- Dumb Little Man – “tips for life”: there is a whole section devoted to happiness
- Michelle Chappel – “This website contains inspiring lessons, songs, music videos, and other content to to help you discover your true calling, build the courage to go after your dreams, persist through setbacks, and accomplish your aims.”
- Life Hacker – some of the coolest “life hacks”; learn how to do pretty much everything…better!
- Calm – Soothing nature scenes for meditation
- The Quiet Place Project – take a break from everyday life with the quiet place
- Do Nothing for 2 Minutes – Just relax and listen
- Rainy Mood – 30-minute thunderstorm loop
Laughter is the best medicine
- Gigglers TV – “A laugh is a mile that burst.”
- Karma Tube –“dedicated to bringing inspirational stories to light, using the power of video and the internet to multiply acts of kindness, beauty, and generosity.”
I would love to hear your suggestions.
From my heart to yours,